It isn't by accident the best pulp in the world is used to produce the best paper in the world, among other things...
Sappi has two kraft pulp mills located in North America: Somerset, ME and Cloquet, MN.
"As a business to business supplier, we understand that our sphere of influence and our responsibility extends beyond our mill gates. We are all becoming more aware about the full life cycle of products and the impact that our decisions make on the environment. Each step of the cycle - where materials come from, how they are manufactured and how products are used - has an effect. Environmentally responsible papermaking starts with sourcing wood from responsible land owners."
--Laura M Thompson, PhD Director, Technical Marketing and Sustainable Development
Sappi Fine Paper North America
- Maple: When only the best will do. Unique characteristics provide the best surface quality for premium papers or the softness preferred for tissue. Maple Spec Sheet
- Aspen: The work horse. Aspen's versatility makes the perfect fit for any application where hardwood is required. Aspen Spec Sheet
- Synergy: The perfect blend of hardwood and softwood. Synergy provides both strength and smoothness for high end paper or strength and softness desired in tissue. Synergy Spec Sheet
- Birch: Softwood extender. Birch provides strength similar to softwood, while providing surface characteristics of hardwood. Birch Spec Sheet
Our Sales group is available to answer all of your questions. From technical, to environmental, to supply chain we are able to find the answer to your pulp related questions.
Sappi Pulp Certifications
Download Sappi's Sustainable Forestry Certifications from our Cloquet and Somerset mills.
The Forest Stewardship Council is a non-profit entity that supports environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial and economically viable management of the world's forests. FSC® independently tracks, traces and identifies wood fibers from the forest through every step of the procurement, manufacturing and printing process, confirming that each supplier in the chain follows rigorous controls, management and reporting practices.
The Sustainable Forestry Initiative program is based on the premise that responsible environmental behavior and sound business decisions can co-exist. SFI® program participants practice sustainable forestry on all lands they manage, and influence millions of additional acres through the training of loggers and foresters in best management practices and landowner outreach programs.
1) Cloquet Pulps FDA 176.170 Aqueous Foods
2) Cloquet Pulps FDA 176.180 Dry Foods
3) Somerset Synergy FDA (2) 72407
Woodpulp - MSDS
1) Cloquet Pulps Aspen & Maple MSDS 51408
2) Somerset Synergy MSDS 51408
For more information, please refer to our Sustainability page.