Website terms and conditions
(Last updated: February 2005)
2. Information on the website. Whilst every effort is made to update the information contained on this website, neither Sappi nor any third party or data or content provider make any representations or warranties, whether express, implied in law or residual, as to the sequence, accuracy, completeness or reliability of information, opinions, any share price information, research information, data and/or content contained on the website (including but not limited to any information which may be provided by any third party or data or content providers) ("information") and shall not be bound in any manner by any information contained on the website. Sappi reserves the right at any time to change or discontinue without notice, any aspect or feature of this website. No information shall be construed as advice and information is offered for information purposes only and is not intended for trading purposes. You and your company rely on the information contained on this website at your own risk. If you find an error or omission at this site, please let us know.
3. Trade marks. The trade marks, names, logos and service marks (collectively "trade marks") displayed on this website are registered and unregistered trade marks of Sappi. Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting any licence or right to use any trade mark without the prior written permission of Sappi.
4. External links. External links may be provided for your convenience, but they are beyond the control of Sappi and no representation is made as to their content. Use or reliance on any external links and the content thereon provided is at your own risk. When visiting external links you must refer to that external websites terms and conditions of use. No hypertext links shall be created from any website controlled by you or otherwise to this website without the express prior written permission of Sappi.
5. Public forums and user submissions. Sappi is not responsible for any material submitted to the public areas by you (which include bulletin boards, hosted pages, chat rooms, or any other public area found on the website. Any material (whether submitted by you or any other user) is not endorsed, reviewed or approved by Sappi. Sappi reserves the right to remove any material submitted or posted by you in the public areas, without notice to you, if it becomes aware and determines, in its sole and absolute discretion that you are or there is the likelihood that you may, including but not limited to -
5.1 defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights of other users or any third parties;
5.2 publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information;
5.3 post or upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programmes that may damage the operation of Sappi's and/or a third party's computer system and/or network;
5.4 violate any copyright, trade mark, other applicable South African or international laws or intellectual property rights of Sappi or any other third party;
5.5 submit contents containing marketing or promotional material which is intended to solicit business.
6. Specific use. You further agree not to use the website to send or post any message or material that is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, indecent, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, sexually orientated, racially offensive, profane, pornographic or violates any applicable law and you hereby indemnify Sappi against any loss, liability, damage or expense of whatever nature which Sappi or any third party may suffer which is caused by or attributable to, whether directly or indirectly, your use of the website to send or post any such message or material.
7. Warranties. Sappi makes no warranties, representations, statements or guarantees (whether express, implied in law or residual) regarding the website, the information contained on the website, your or your company's personal information or material and information transmitted over our system.
8. Disclaimer of liability. Sappi shall not be responsible for and disclaims all liability for any loss, liability, damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential), personal injury or expense of any nature whatsoever which may be suffered by you or any third party (including your company), as a result of or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to your access and use of the website, any information contained on the website, your or your company's personal information or material and information transmitted over our system. In particular, neither Sappi nor any third party or data or content provider shall be liable in any way to you or to any other person, firm or corporation whatsoever for any loss, liability, damage (whether direct or consequential), personal injury or expense of any nature whatsoever arising from any delays, inaccuracies, errors in, or omission of any share price information or the transmission thereof, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon or occasioned thereby or by reason of non-performance or interruption, or termination thereof.
9. Use of the website. Sappi does not make any warranty or representation that information on the website is appropriate for use in any jurisdiction (other than the Republic of South Africa). By accessing the website, you warrant and represent to Sappi that you are legally entitled to do so and to make use of information made available via the website.
10.1 Entire agreement. These website terms and conditions constitute the sole record of the agreement between you and Sappi in relation to your use of the website. Neither you nor Sappi shall be bound by any express tacit or implied representation, warranty, promise or the like not recorded herein. Unless otherwise specifically stated these website terms and conditions supersede and replace all prior commitments, undertakings or representations, whether written or oral, between you and Sappi in respect of your use of the website.
10.2 Alteration. Sappi may at any time modify any relevant terms and conditions, policies or notices. You acknowledge that by visiting the website from time to time, you shall become bound to the current version of the relevant terms and conditions (the "current version") and, unless stated in the current version, all previous versions shall be superseded by the current version. You shall be responsible for reviewing the then current version each time you visit the website.
10.3 Conflict. Where any conflict or contradiction appears between the provisions of these website terms and conditions and any other relevant terms and conditions, policies or notices, the other relevant terms and conditions, policies or notices which relate specifically to a particular section or module of the website shall prevail in respect of your use of the relevant section or module of the website.
10.4 Waiver. No indulgence or extension of time which either you or Sappi may grant to the other will constitute a waiver of or, whether by estoppel or otherwise, limit any of the existing or future rights of the grantor in terms hereof, save in the event or to the extent that the grantor has signed a written document expressly waiving or limiting such rights.
10.5 Cession. Sappi shall be entitled to cede, assign and delegate all or any of its rights and obligations in terms of any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices to any third party.
10.6 Severability. All provisions of any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices are, notwithstanding the manner in which they have been grouped together or linked grammatically, severable from each other. Any provision of any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices, which is or becomes unenforceable in any jurisdiction, whether due to voidness, invalidity, illegality, unlawfulness or for any reason whatever, shall, in such jurisdiction only and only to the extent that it is so unenforceable, be treated as pro non scripto and the remaining provisions of any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices shall remain in full force and effect.
10.7 Applicable laws. Any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of South Africa in respect of any disputes arising in connection with the website, or any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices or any matter related to or in connection therewith.
South African Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2000
This Act is intended to give effect to the constitutional right of access to information held by the State and by private bodies. The manual available below is to facilitate requests for access to recorded information of the company.
To download this manual in PDF-format, please click here.
(Effective date: 21 July 2004)
We at Sappi are sensitive to the private nature of information you and/or your company (cumulatively referred to as "you" or "your" hereinafter) provide to us over the Internet.
1. Information we collect
You may provide us with, or we may be collecting your personally identifiable information when you register with us, fill out our on-line forms, request information from us, and at other times when using this website. The personally identifiable information you provide ranges from limited personal information such as name, company, job title, address, e-Mail address, your business and profession and product preferences, to information about your company. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen.
2. How we use your information
We may use your information to enable us to process, validate and verify requests for and provide you with our products and services and for the purposes for which you specifically provided your information; to improve your experience on our website; to improve and develop new products, features and services; to alert you to new products and services and special offers; to provide marketing with aggregate information about our user base and usage patterns; and for other purposes in the ordinary course of our business. You can de-register yourself from our service at any time and thereafter we will not use your information.
3. Disclosure of information
We are not in the business of selling information and therefore we will not disclose your information to anyone except as provided in this policy. We may share such information with third parties to help us improve our content, provide you with the products or services requested, and to help our service providers to perform services on our behalf. If we sell or transfer our business to a third party purchaser we may transfer your information provided the purchaser undertakes to use your information in accordance with this policy. We will obviously need to disclose information to employees of ours who require such information to do their jobs. We may disclose your information where the law requires us to disclose your information to law enforcement agencies, other government officials, or other third parties, as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability. In all other situations we will not disclose your information without giving you notice thereof and an opportunity to indicate that your information should not be disclosed.
5. Your ability to choose
Several of our services are entirely voluntary - you must "opt-in" to receive such services. In addition, you can let us know that you do not wish to receive information about new products and services and special offers by opting out at the time you give us your personally identifiable information or by contacting us at our help desk (contact details available on the Sappi e-Commerce login).
6. Security of your information
Whilst we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information we take all reasonable steps or measures to keep it secure by using firewalls, authentication procedures, Secure Socket Layer protection and commercially available virus detection software within our firewalls. Our server is housed in a physically protected and secure environment and can only be accessed by authorised personnel.
7. e-Mail monitoring
We provide e-Mail addresses on the website, which enable you to contact us. In order to check for viruses we reserve the right to monitor and inspect all material and information transmitted over our system.
8. Links to other websites
9. Review and correction
You may review and update your information by accessing your information through our 'Update your info'-function on the contact form on www.sappi.com
Copyright notice: © 1998 - 2005 Sappi. All rights reserved.
(Last updated: February 2005)
Copyright and all intellectual property rights in all materials, texts, drawings and data (and any component thereof) made available on this website (collectively 'materials') are owned by Sappi alternatively, Sappi is the lawful user thereof and the materials are protected by both South African and international intellectual property laws.
To the extent possible, Sappi hereby gives you permission to retrieve, store, cite or refer to or print material from this website.
You are not permitted to re-produce, re-transmit, distribute, disseminate, publish, perform, broadcast, make an adaptation of, sell, let, offer, expose or hire any copy of the materials without the prior written permission of Sappi's Copyright Administrator.
(Last updated: December 2005)
All sales are subject to Sappi Fine Paper North America's terms and conditions of sale and sales policies, each as in effect from time to time.
All sales are subject to Sappi Fine Paper Europe's terms and conditions of sales ("Sales Conditions"). To download the current version of the Sales conditions please click here.